We turn fashion into technical apparel, for an active lifestyle, because we believe you should be able to do everything you do in a day without having to change your clothes. Inspired by the modern, active individual, we've created a clothing line that maximizes performance without sacrificing style.
Duer is a fabric first organization, and the Raw Material Developer is a critical role in the product team as they are the first spark of innovation and the foundation of all product. Reporting to the Director of Product, you are the fabric expert and responsible for innovating, developing and commercializing new fabrics and materials.
We specialize in natural performance and through this lens we are always looking to improve our fabric and reduce our global footprint.
Who we are looking for:
- Someone who has an insatiable appetite for new innovations in the fabric and technology space
- Design develop and innovate new raw materials
- Eat sleep and breathe denim
- Passionate about circularity and sustainability
- Obsessed to simplify, streamline and improve processes
What you will work on:
- Research and present new ideas in fabrics and trims that uphold a future focused brand vision
- Owns the execution of new fabric development from concept to manufacturing readiness
- Expert in natural fiber materials
- Fully versed in raw material testing and standards to meet quality expectations in both lab and wear testing situations
- Collaborate with design, production, factories, and suppliers to ensure we meet timelines from concept to PO
- Manage official pass-off to quality, development, and production teams - information must be complete and on time.
- Support operations from PO through delivery as needed.
- Partner with the development team and quality team to ensure that the fabric and product are compatible and exceeding our customer’s expectations
- Continue to evolve and improve quality through new innovations
- Collaborate with merchandising and design teams to ensure initial costs are aligned to our final product pricing.
- Negotiate costing throughout development to ensure target cost and margin goals are achievable
- provide Product Knowledge for internal and external facing customers
What you will bring to the role:
- Minimum 5 years working in textiles and development
- Degree in textiles or equivalent qualifications
- in depth understanding of microsoft office software
- detail oriented
- loves working to calendar timelines and able to juggle competing priorities
- entrepreneurial spirit
- passion for problem solving and being a team player
- clear communicator especially with overseas partners
Some of the Benefits:
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Paid time off
- Extended health and medical benefits
- Employee discount for Duer product
- A monthly health and wellness stipend to put towards whatever you decide will most benefit you in this area of your life
Who will you work with?
You will be reporting to the Director of Product and work closely with the entire product team as well as Operations and Planning teams.
To apply for this role- please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “raw material developer role” in the subject line.