We turn fashion into technical apparel, for an active lifestyle, because we believe you should be able to do everything you do in a day without having to change your clothes. Inspired by the modern, active individual, we've created a clothing line that maximizes performance without sacrificing style.
Reporting to the Product Development Manager, the Product Developer is the key to the DUER apparel coming to life and ensuring that it exceeds expectations through performance, comfort, and fit. They are responsible for developing premium product and ensuring it performs through garment fit and construction, and is meeting the needs of the DUER customer.
- Own development of denim and washed garments
- Organize daily workflow that adhere to GTM deliverables & development timelines
- Develop and create tech packs and specs to communicate requirements for Design aesthetic, fit, cost and construction.
- Coordinate all factory and vendor communication throughout development process to ensure accurate material sourcing, and successful execution of product
- Measure garments and evaluate development against submitted tech pack
- Lead fittings and and critiques for fit and styling
- Present style history, take notes of the required fit and construction corrections discussed and communicate to vendors
- Ensure construction and fit consistency across product class according to established brand details
- Review bulk wash ranges and provide comments to vendors
- Maintain information docs, development tracker and product master
- Build vendor & cross-functional relationships through effective communication, through email, in person and virtually.
- Manage product/wear testing to assure the products meet the outlined standards
- Ensuring that systems are updated at all times
- Support team operations by setting up for presentations, fit sessions, and other team events as
- Experience with denim wash/washed garments
- Strong understanding of garment specs, construction and tech packs
- Self-motivated individual who takes initiative
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple administrative tasks & competing priorities
- Attention to detail, and motivated by organization, discipline, data & accuracy
- Strong Interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively both independently and in a team
- 3-4 years working in apparel industry with a minimum of 2 years in denim and washed garments
- Degree or diploma in fashion design or related field
- experience in garment construction and fit
- in depth understanding of adobe and microsoft office software
- detail oriented
- loves working to calendar timelines and able to juggle competing priorities
- entrepreneurial spirit
- passion for problem solving and being a team player
- clear communicator especially with overseas partners
Some of the Benefits:
- Eligibility to participate in Employee Stock Option Plan
- Paid time off
- Extended health and medical benefits
- Employee discount for Duer product
- A monthly health and wellness stipend to put towards whatever you decide will most benefit you in this area of your life
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You will work closely with Development, Design, Product Management, Operations and Planning on all aspects of apparel creation.
You will report directly to the Product Development Manager.
Hybrid, 2 days minimum in office and more as needed by the role and business needs.
To apply for this role- please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “product developer role” in the subject line.