NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Winter Denim and Banff Mountain Film Festival Giveaway Contest is sponsored by Pimlico Performance Apparel Ltd and runs between October 23rd at 10:30am MST until October 26th, 2023 at 11:59pm MST.to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who are age of majority in the province or territory of residence at time of entry.
How to Enter:
No purchase necessary. To enter the contest, an entrant must:
(i) ensure their Instagram account is publicly visible (i.e., is not set to a “Private Account” in Instagram’s settings);
(ii) follow the Sponsor’s English language Instagram account (@DuerPerformance), as well as @BanffMountainFestival
(iii) respond in the comment section to an Instagram post by Sponsor during an Entry Period on Sponsor’s account (@DuerPerformance) as applicable (each, an “Entry”).
All entries must be submitted by October 26th, 2023 at 11:59pm MST. DUER (the “Sponsor”), is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost, delayed or corrupted data transmission, line failures of any network or telephone, or inability to access the website. This contest is not endorsed or sponsored by Instagram.
Each Entry must comply with the following Content Restrictions:
- An Entry cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity.
- An Entry cannot be derogatory or promote bigotry, racism, violence, hatred or harm against any group or individual, or promote any form of discrimination whatsoever (including, but not limited to, discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age).
- An Entry cannot promote alcohol, drugs (illegal or otherwise), tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any political agenda or message.
- An Entry cannot be inappropriate, indecent, obscene, offensive, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, endorse any form of hate or hate group, or depict cruelty to persons or animals, or content which might be reasonably expected to shock, insult or offend the community, breach community standards of decency.
- An Entry cannot defame, misrepresent, reflect unfavourably upon the name or reputation of Sponsor, its products, brands, services, employees, crew or customers, or other people (living or deceased), products or companies, or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, brands, services, employees, crew or customers, or other people (living or deceased), products or companies.
- An Entry cannot feature or otherwise mention competitors of Sponsor.
- An Entry cannot use trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others (other than Sponsor) or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (other than Sponsor’s).
- An Entry cannot contain any personal information, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses.
- An Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
- An Entry cannot contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- An Entry cannot contain any reference to, or likeness of, any identifiable individuals, including a celebrity, athlete, politician or other well-known individual, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their province/territory of residence.
ENTRIES AND CONTENT ON AN ENTRANT’S INSTAGRAM/TIKTOK ACCOUNT REPRESENT THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to Entrants.
This Contest is open to residents of Canada, excluding the Province of Quebec, who are age of majority in the province or territory of residence at time of entry.
There are two (2) prizes available to be won as follows:
- One (1) $600.00 CAD gift card to DUER, available to use in-store or online at duer.ca
- One (1) Virtual Banff Mountain Film Festival Ticket
The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded, is not transferable and is not redeemable for cash.
The Sponsor reserves the right at any time to substitute the Grand Prize (or component thereof) for any reason, so long as a Grand Prize (or component) of comparable value is substituted.
On October 27th, 2023, one (1) entrant will be selected in a random drawing at approximately 12:00 p.m. PST in Vancouver, British Columbia from among all eligible entries received online. In order to be declared a winner, the selected entrant must have complied with these Official Rules and must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical, skill-testing question to be administered by mail, telephone or online without assistance of any kind and sign a Confirmation of Compliance with Rules Acceptance of Prize & Release acknowledging and releasing Sponsor, Plimco Performance Apparel Ltd , any company involved in the supply of the Grand Prize, or any component or any phase of contest administration, their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any liability (including, without limitation, any damages, losses or injury) in connection with this Contest, the awarding of the Grand Prize and/or resulting from acceptance or use of the Grand Prize (including any prize-related activity). The odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received.
The selected entrant will be notified by Instagram Direct Message by 1:00pm PST on October 27th, 2023. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted within three (3) days of selection, if there is a return of any Grand Prize notification as undeliverable, or if the selected entrant fails to comply with any of the foregoing, that selected entrant will be disqualified and an alternate entrant will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries. Winner must provide proof that they are of legal age in the form of government issued photo ID.
Winner will be required to execute a legal declaration and release agreement (“Release”) that confirms the Winner’s: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of each of the Sponsor, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsor of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, reproduce, convert, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, translate, adapt and otherwise use and re-use the Entry and Winner’s name, Instagram handle, photograph, likeness, voice and biography without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to forever release, discharge and hold harmless DUER and any affiliates, subsidiaries, their advertising and promotional agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees, partners, representatives, successors, assigns and agents (the “Releasees”), from any and all damages, injuries, death, loss, or liability to person or property, due in whole or in part, whether directly or indirectly, without limiting, by (a) entering and participating in the Contest, including any part related to the Contest and (b) the acceptance, possession, participation, use or misuse of the Prize. By participating, Entrants agree to be bound by these Contest Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and to the decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Failure to comply with these Contest Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest
By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to release, indemnify and forever hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising or to arise by reason of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or the acceptance, use or misuse of the Grand Prize.
The Sponsor reserves the right to, without prior notice and at any time, terminate this Contest, in whole or in part, or modify this Contest in any way, should any factor interfere with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules and Regulations. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete or illegible entries. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Contest or web site; to be in violation of the terms of service of the web site; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Automated entries (including but not limited to entries submitted using any bot, script, macro or Contest service), copies, third-party entries, facsimiles and/or mechanical reproductions are not permitted and will be disqualified. In the event of multiple persons attempting to enter the Contest through one email account, the authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to Sponsor and not to Instagram.