We turn fashion into technical apparel for an active lifestyle, because we believe life should be simpler and you should be able to do everything you do in a day without having to change your clothes. Inspired by the modern, active individual, we've created a clothing line for men and women that maximizes performance without sacrificing style.
Based in Vancouver and reporting to the VP Customer Experience, the Public Relations & Community Manager will be responsible for growing brand awareness for DUER through public relations (drafting press releases and pitches, building relationships with media, and seeding product), ambassador relations, social media management and supporting partnerships and events. The right person is calm under pressure, extremely detail oriented, a natural leader, confident and outgoing - with great writing and relationship skills.
- Own PR calendar and develop story ideas alongside product, marketing and executive teams;
- Manage the day to day operations of external PR agencies;
- Develop press releases and pitches to support business objectives;
- Identify and build relationships with key editors, reporters and influencers;
- Be the point person for all media requests;
- Manage media list, media kit and other press materials;
- Track and log PR hits;
- Support interview requests by providing backgrounders and briefing notes, scheduling, attending and following up on interviews as required;
- Support stylist and editor requests for product and own sample closet;
- Manage shipping of product for influencers and reporters;
- Develop memorable and uniquely DUER press materials to launch products and collections;
- Contribute to the development of future season product stories by bringing a keen eye for what makes a compelling story;
- Act as company spokesperson where appropriate.
Ambassadors & Influencers
- Own the ambassador program - work with existing ambassadors to ensure they’re represented across our channels, facilitate gifting product, ensure the creation of content (and the subsequent leveraging of content);
- Work alongside the Brand Marketing Manager and Graphic Designers to identify content needs and develop projects and opportunities for ambassadors to create on-brand content;
- Identify new ambassadors based on business growth goals;
- Be the primary contact person for ambassador opportunities and requests;
- Alongside the VP Customer Experience, develop the influencer marketing program based on business growth goals through research, outreach, product seeding and relationship building.
- Own the social media content calendar, as it relates to the overall brand campaign calendar;
- Alongside the Brand Marketing Manager and the Graphic Designer, create beautiful, interesting and compelling stories that drive engagement and grow the community of DUER fans across social networks;
- Develop contest, partnership and collaboration opportunities to drive community size;
- Work alongside the Digital Marketing teams to ensure alignment between organic and paid social endeavours.
- 3+ years working in PR required;
- 1+ year working in social media;
- 1+ year working in apparel;
- Excellent writing and research skills;
- Superior verbal, written communication
- Outgoing and brave. Not afraid to take risks
- Experience constructing pitches and reaching out by email and phone;
- Some level of editorial contacts preferred (in fashion and/or outdoors);
- Some experience in the blogging/influencer world;
- A keen eye for style and design - send us your Instagram!
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "PR & Community Manager" in the subject line.