We turn fashion into technical apparel, for an active lifestyle, because we believe you should be able to do everything you do in a day without having to change your clothes. Inspired by the modern, active individual, we've created a clothing line that maximizes performance without sacrificing style.
Reporting to the Director of Product, the Product Development Manager will lead and mentor a team of Product Developers and guide the apparel creation process to ensure on-time delivery and best-in-class product. We are looking for someone with strong coaching abilities, a team-oriented mentality and expertise in apparel development and manufacturing.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
- We want you to guide your team as they develop the garments, trims and anything related to the products, while lending your experience and monitoring the progress
- A typical day/week includes leading team huddles and being a resource for your Product Developers. You will attend update meetings with cross-functional partners and provide clear communication to guide the team through critical checkpoints. You’ll balance leading short-term target dates with managing long-term strategy. You will actively encourage diversity, professional growth, inclusion and collaboration within the team and the larger apparel team.
- Owns the execution of product development from concept to manufacturing readiness
- Manages factory execution of proto/sample development - materials, trims, color, cost negotiation and testing
- Manage priorities for the different categories and seasons and factories
- Manage PLM content and accuracy.
- Ensure cross-functional teams have all necessary technical and aesthetic details for new products.
- Collaborate with design, production, factories, and suppliers to ensure timeline adherence from concept to PO and photo/sales sample delivery.
- Manage official pass-off to quality and production teams - information must be complete and on time.
- Support operations from PO through delivery as needed.
- A key player in the overall final quality of the product from beginning of development through to delivery to store and supporting all steps along the way
- Evaluate each sample with high attention to detail to ensure fit/form/function meet expectations.
- Conduct wear testing on new products.
- Set target cost for new products in collaboration with merchandising and design teams.
- Negotiate costing throughout development to ensure target cost and margin goals are met.
- Maintain product margin calculations and communicate to cross-functional partners at each milestone.
- Order and receive in all development and sales samples.
- Manage development sample archive and coordinate sample distribution to cross-functional teams.
- Manage wear testing samples and surveys.
- Maintain physical and digital reference libraries (colors, materials, components).
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You’ll work closely with Development, Design, Product Management, Operations and Planning on all aspects of apparel creation.
- 8+ years working in apparel industry
- expertise in garment construction and fit
- in depth understanding of adobe and microsoft office software
- detail oriented
- loves working to calendar timelines
- entrepreneurial spirit
- passion for problem solving and being a team player
- clear communicator
Please email your application and resume to email@example.com