Product Development Manager
Who We Are & What We're Looking For -
We turn fashion into technical apparel for an active lifestyle, because we believe life should be simpler and you should be able to do everything you do in a day without having to change your clothes.
Inspired by the modern, active individual, we've created a clothing line for men and women that maximizes performance without sacrificing style. From denim that you can cycle into pants that eliminate sweat and hot weather clothes that keep you cool, Dish and DUER enables you to do everything you do in a day - in style.
The Product Development Manager reports to the Director of Design and is responsible for the development and delivery of new products in conjunction with the design, production, and technical team. The Product Development Manager will strictly adhere to a production calendar, managing internal and external development, while identifying new innovations in garment development to create competitive advantage, ensuring the product of Dish and DUER is on trend.
The Product Development Manager will conceive and develop a product taking into consideration design, commerciality and technical issues. The Product Development Manager will need to have an understanding of marketing factors as well as fashion garment construction and design, enabling them to maintain correct product standards.
- Develop men's and women's collections that are reflective of the Dish and DUER aesthetic
- Analyze sales to determine proper direction
- Identify market trends that are relevant to the customer
- Identify fabric, trims, and wash selection is support of seasonal vision
- Develop collections from concept to approval
- Develop on body fits
- Manage fittings
- Develop spec packages, measurements, and grading for all styles
- Manage trim development
- Work closely with factories on style development
- Problem solve fit and fabric issues as they arise
- Coordinate approval of garments, specs, and washes
- Create accurate flat drawings
- Work closely with design and production to ensure styles are created to meet seasonal line planning, costing and time requirements
- Degree in Fashion Design
- 5+ years of experience in product development and technical design with 3+ years experience in a bottoms business
- Familiarity of the newest trends in fashion and design
- Strong understanding of the apparel development process
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator and Flat Drawing
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organizational skills, as well as decision making skills and problem solving abilities
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
If this sounds like you and are interested in working with a fun, creative, and independent company, please send your resume to email@example.com.