We turn fashion into technical apparel for an active lifestyle, because we believe life should be simpler and you should be able to do everything you do in a day without having to change your clothes.
Inspired by the modern, active individual, we've created a clothing line for men and women that maximizes performance without sacrificing style. From denim that you can cycle into pants that eliminate sweat and hot weather clothes that keep you cool, Dish and DUER enables you to do everything you do in a day - in style.
Reporting into the Director of Brand Marketing, the PR Specialist will be responsible for managing our outside agency partners and influencer programs as well as developing and executing DUER’s PR strategy. This role will also support the overall company as required with specific projects and initiatives.
- Manage and respond to DUER’s media requests
- Support development of communications material for various external initiatives
- Proactively identify media and public relations opportunities, including developing story ideas to target external audiences
- Find new and influential ways to advance the DUER brand’s reputation including partnership programs with external brands for potential giveaways and campaigns
- Plan and execute retail expansion, events and press
- Work alongside our agencies to develop national and international fashion, outdoor and lifestyle press relationships to ensure proactive media programs, monitoring and assessing editorial calendars and press developments with respect to new publications, broadcast and digital programs
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to bring campaigns/priorities to life; champion the development of locally relevant plans
- Implement communications processes to measure the effectiveness of campaigns and track these metrics for ongoing reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with an understanding of external communications principles and practices
- Bachelor’s degree and/or an equivalent combination of related education and experience in communications related field
- Journalistic instincts and skills in uncovering and developing stories
- Current knowledge of media landscape and today’s reality, including an understanding about how social media, digital platforms and changes to the traditional business model impact media coverage
- Experience with affiliates
- Well-organized, demonstrated project management skills; able to set and work to tight deadlines
- Familiarity with working with agency or similar partners
If this sounds like you and are interested in working with a fun, creative, and independent company, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "PR Specialist" in the subject line.