Graphic Designer & Creative Coordinator
Who We Are & What We're Looking For:
We turn fashion into technical apparel for an active lifestyle, because we believe you should be able to do everything you do in a day without having to change your clothes. Inspired by the modern, active individual, we've created a clothing line that maximizes performance without sacrificing style.
We’re looking for a Graphic Designer/Creative Coordinator with an intense passion for all kinds of design, a deep creativity and a love of the details to join our Marketing team. Based in Vancouver, this multifaceted role reports into the Marketing Manager and will be leading the vision and the strategy behind the visual brand, executing design work as well as helping coordinate all creative assets from photoshoots to lookbooks and collection launches.
- Lead the vision for the visual representation of the brands, working closely with marketing, and channel owners across retail, ecommerce and wholesale channels;
- Champion new and creative ways of visual storytelling;
- Perform best in class design work with compelling, creative and solution oriented design;
- Ensure graphic deliverables across digital, print and out of home are on-brand, on-budget and on-time;
- Brainstorm, envision, formulate and present concepts to create/develop unique and compelling customer experiences in all areas;
- Create thoughtful graphic design elements blending strategic insights and collaborative creative inspiration;
- Edit videos for digital, social and out of home use;
- Work expertly (both independently as well as collaboratively) across various mediums (digital, retail, social, print, video, etc.) to create dynamic and compelling brand experiences;
- Own the execution of the brand Instagram channels;
- Act as a example within the department and champion a creative perspective, a hard working ethic, and grace under pressure.
- Alongside the Marketing leadership team, define and execute marketing and design assets by working with local and international designers, printers and translators, as needed;
- Support in the execution of photoshoots, from hiring models to arranging looks, and maybe picking up a camera for some BTS too;
- Put your organization skills to work by owning the image and asset bank to make sure that we’re leveraging our content from ambassador shoots, in house production and user generated content.
Who You Are:
- Deeply creative and passionate about design and style;
- With 1-2 years of graphic design in-house or at an agency;
- World class portfolio of work that inspires and compels,
- Degree or diploma in Communication/Graphic Design or portfolio demonstrating equivalent work experience with excellence in visual and creative design
- Experience in brand marketing, interactive design and art direction of mid-to-large scale website projects through to edgier campaigns, promotional materials and brand experiences;
- Handy with a camera;
- Giving your design decisions meaning through strong conceptual thinking;
- Understanding advertising, design, and creative principles for digital and print;
- Multitasking and working efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail;
- Advanced knowledge and up to date with industry leading software and technologies (In Design, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop etc);
- Highly motivated – a self-starter who will flourish in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Video editing skills;
- Digital Illustration skills.
More About Us:
Dish and DUER is a performance denim line designed in the heart of Gastown in Vancouver, B.C. Combining crazy comfort with serious style, we make it easier lead a meaningful life full of adventure.
To Apply: Please email your resume and creative samples to firstname.lastname@example.org