Who We Are & What We're Looking For -
We turn fashion into technical apparel for an active lifestyle, because we believe life should be simpler and you should be able to do everything you do in a day without having to change your clothes.
Inspired by the modern, active individual, we've created a clothing line for men and women that maximizes performance without sacrificing style. From denim that you can cycle into pants that eliminate sweat and hot weather clothes that keep you cool, Dish and DUER enables you to do everything you do in a day - in style.
Reporting to the Direct of Product, the Designer/Product Developer is responsible for researching, designing, and fully executing a seasonal collection for men and women and delivering to calendar timelines. This role is a perfect union of creativity and execution. It is critical to possess a thorough understanding of garment construction and fit and function, while keeping a keen eye for style and design.
This role will require a self motivated person who can comfortably be in both roles and walk through multiple timelines and manage different priorities. Being a self starter, this person will advocate for their own collection, drive for deliveries, and be flexible to the changing needs of the business. He or she is comfortable taking a garment from inception through to approval for production.
- Collaborate with product and design team to execute the best collection for the business needs
- Works comfortably with a go-to-market calendar
- Enjoys market place research
- Sketches both by hand and using design software
- Generates full technical sketches of garments
- See the garment through fittings with oversight from director of product
- Experience in denim and bottoms a plus
- Creates a full spec pack and tech pack for each design and sku
- Works closely with factory and production partner to execute to timelines
- Oversee trims development for specific products
- Thorough understanding of garment construction and creatively able to troubleshoot
- 3 + years working in apparel design or technical design
- In depth understanding of adobe software as well as Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented task master
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passion for problem solving and being a team player
If this sounds like you and are interested in working with a fun, creative, and independent company, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org