Who We Are And What We're Looking For
We turn fashion into technical apparel for an active lifestyle, because we believe life should be simpler and you should be able to do everything you do in a day without having to change your clothes.
Inspired by the modern, active individual, we've created a clothing line for men and women that maximizes performance without sacrificing style. From denim that you can cycle in, to pants that eliminate sweat and hot weather clothes that keep you cool, DUER enables you to do everything you do in a day - in style.
Reporting to the CEO, the Controller has the most senior financial position in the company and has oversight of all accounting operations, including management of the accounting staff, the production of timely monthly financial statements, maintenance of accounting records, full and detailed actionable information including budgeting and cash flow analysis, banking and finance activities, payment to all taxing authorities, insurance recommendations and related purchases and corporate documentation.
- Oversee the day to day full cycle accounting and financial operations of the company
- Develop processes and procedures to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Oversee accounts receivable, ensure we maintain prompt collections, evaluate credit risks as needed
- Work closely with CEO to plan, manage and maximize margin on all products in all sales channels
- Deep understanding of the financial statements and closing processes
- Manage all insurance/extended health policies for the company and employees
- Work with senior leadership team to prepare annual forecasts and budgets
- Develop and maintain adequate internal financial policies and cost controls
- Ensure timely monthly and quarterly reporting with meaningful analysis
- Communication with corporate financial institutions, stakeholders and major service providers
- Work closely with leaders of all department to manage expenses and communicate sales expectations
- Coordinate with the auditors and oversee year end processes
- Ensure full compliance with GAAP and all government mandated reporting for both Canadian and U.S. operations
- Lead financial management of inventory counts, and subsequent shrink analysis
- Contribute to a culture of accountability at all levels
- Be a strategic leader...identify problems, suggest solutions and outline KPIs
- Be a champion of continuous learning
- 10+ years accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or accounting mandatory, MBA considered an asset.
- Significant experience working in as a controller in a 10+ million dollar company
- Omni channel distribution experience
- 5 years working in private enterprise, ideally in direct to consumer apparel
- Thorough knowledge in the use of Excel and QUICKBOOKS (or similar accounting program)
- CGA designation
- Entrepreneurial spirit, we are a dynamic start up!
- Passion for collaboration, problem solving, and working with others
If this sounds like you and are interested in working with a fun, creative, and independent company, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org