A Day in the Life Of
The Digital Retention Manager reports to the VP Marketing, manages the Digital Engagement Specialist, and collaborates closely with the Director of Ecommerce and a wide range of team members to elevate, innovate and bring to life a variety of marketing campaigns across various retention channels. You believe in the power and purpose of marketing retention channels and take ownership of each stage of the user journey. A genuine desire to provide a cohesive digital user experience and develop marketing campaigns targeting our returning customers is essential for your success in this role.
- Act as a champion for the existing DUER customer, identifying opportunities for marketing and campaigns that speak directly to them - responsible for end-to-end process of all customer-facing retention activity
- Ideate digital retention campaigns that integrate with overall marketing, brand and sales strategies by identifying opportunities to drive incremental revenue from existing customers at key moments in the customer journey
- Work with the Digital Engagement Specialist on the development of strategy and support the execution of email, SMS and web push campaigns and database growth initiatives
- Drive the loyalty and referral program by championing new ideas, aligning vision with wider corporate goals and the overall marketing calendar, and keeping an eye on benchmarks and KPIs
- Champion opportunities for personalization on-site and through online and offline customer channels
- Understand how to glean customer insights and develop sophisticated customer profiles to lead the segmentation strategy to optimize lists and customer segments and drive revenue manage lists and segments
- Advocate for channel best practices with an eye for scalable efficiency and automation
- Ensure all initiatives meet and maintain regulatory and compliance standards
- Work to consistently improve user experience, user journeys and channel performance by defining the testing strategy and crafting A/B and multi-variate tests
- Report and provide analysis on retention KPIs and channel performance
Qualifications & Requirements
- 5+ years of digital marketing and retention channel experience.
- 1+ year experience people management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent communication and brief-writing skills
- Strong proficiency with Google Analytics, Excel, Shopify Plus and Klaviyo
- Strong understanding of databases and marketing automation
- Proven experience growing databases and developing segmentation strategies
- Working knowledge of lifecycle-campaign concepting and management
- Engaged and up-to-date on email marketing, SMS and loyalty trends and best practices.
- Creative problem solver and ability to handle pressure with grace
- A proven work ethic and ability to go the extra mile
- A dynamic, team-oriented individual with a customer service orientation
- Flexible in nature and comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Apparel/DTC experience preferred
If this sounds like you, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!