Who We Are And What We're Looking For
We turn fashion into technical apparel for an active lifestyle, because we believe life should be simpler and you should be able to do everything you do in a day without having to change your clothes.
Inspired by the modern, active individual, we've created a clothing line for men and women that maximizes performance without sacrificing style. From denim that you can cycle in, to pants that eliminate sweat and hot weather clothes that keep you cool, DUER enables you to do everything you do in a day - in style.
Based in Vancouver and reporting to the Director of Sales, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for growing sales in the Canada wholesale channel through targeting prospects, selling them on the brand and building relationships, as well as planning and executing sales strategies and support. The right person is extremely detail oriented, organized, willing and able to travel, hard-working, able to multitask, confident and outgoing - with great people and sales skills.
The Successful Candidate will be responsible for the following.
- Developing a sales growth strategy for a defined territory and channel, mainly focusing on Canada and International markets
- Assisting the Sales Director and President with recruitment and training of International Distributors
- Developing a list of target retailers, opening new accounts and generating hot leads for independent sales representatives
- Targeting, selling to and managing online retailers
- Providing detailed sell-in and sell-through reporting on all assigned and new accounts
- Building long-term relationships with new and existing customers to ensure best in class brand & product training
- Fueling brand growth through detailed account knowledge, including staff training, assortment and merchandising expertise to ultimately ensure product assortment growth
- Develop and execute quarterly training materials and plans in close collaboration with the marketing and retail team
- Periodically supporting seasonal trade show planning & execution
- Planning for trade shows including developing lists of attendees to meet with, arranging meetings, organizing calendars, managing follow-up, closing on the account
- Supporting marketing in the development of collateral and on-site activations
- Leading or working alongside team in seasonal sales support projects related to research, relationship-building and asset creation;
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Min of 1-3 years in equivalent position with 5-7 years of experience in the apparel industry
- Proven as a business development manager, sales executive or in a relevant role
- Excellent sales track record with extensive network in the Canadian wholesale channel
- Experience constructing sales pitches and reaching out by email and phone
- A sense of urgency to complete projects and close sales with firm due dates
- Experience in customer support
- Excellent research skills
- Expertise in MS Office and CRM software
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Outgoing and brave; not afraid to take risks
- Great people skills
- A strong understanding of our products, our competition in the industry and our positioning preferred
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org